Monday 4 March 2013

Packing Part Deux.....

This weekend, our final weekend in the apartment, EEEKKK!!  G and I have had a serious packing session with the help of my younger sister and I can happily report back that we are now pretty much ready to go!!

I have been so ruthless with clothes, shoes, beauty products and all other things that I never use.  when I was younger, every year my Mum made me go through all my clothes and toys, she used to tell me off because I never wanted to throw anything away, unless it was really broken.  Though now I'm going in to my own place which I really look forward to making a home, I want it to be as clutter free as possible and that means not taking years of junk and clothes I no longer wear with me!
A pile of magazines to be thrown away ...this pile later doubled in size!!
Though its cost us money to pack away, not in boxes, we acquired many of those.  Though in order to make things safe, we purchased bubble wrap from Dobbies garden centre for £10 (actually for gardening, obviously) which has served us well, all breakables are now packed and we have lots left over.

In order to pack the kitchen we bought £6 worth of Sunday newspapers in order to pack up the rest of the kitchen, dinnerware, mugs and glasses.  We have one of these left over which I may have a little read of later on.
Charlie helping with the move
I found myself reading these newspapers when packing plates, in a bizarre fashion, from the middle out. I found a page by Lorraine Pascale and a bunch of recipes so I took that page out and kept it.  I love Lorraine, I have all her cookbooks and find all her recipes easy to make and they taste absolutely fantastic!!  I am looking forward to making her white chocolate, oaty cookies ASAP!!
And Dora too!!
Now the packing is practically over, its a weeks worth of university assignments and waiting to get move in, which if you haven't already noticed, I'm SUPER excited about!!  I think G is getting annoyed with mu impatience!  He is right though, we have lived in this apartment for two and a half years, whats one more week???


No comments:

Post a Comment