Tuesday 14 May 2013

Graze Box #1 Thoughts....


So I told you I would share the contents of each box I receive, and here is number one:
First of all, Mumbai Masala, this was a savoury assortment of baked curry bites, spicy chic peas and masala cashews.  Honestly, this is still sat in my cupboard half finished, it was ok, though I haven't been brave enough to actually try the Cashews as I'm not a fan of nuts, you might wonder, why choose it then? Well I thought I was gonna be brave and try them ....but I haven't!  the curry bites are fine and the chick peas taste nice, although a bit hard.  I'm quite funny with my teeth, especially when attempting to crunch things that are quite hard, it makes me nervous.  I would recommend any one who likes nuts to try this though as I am sure it is lovely, but I wont be rushing to put it in my box again.
Now on to the Olives with Basil and Garlic, these I can not complain about, they are gorgeous and I will be keeping them as 'LOVE' on the ratings and maybe even back on the 'Send Soon'.  These were nice and zesty, not to garlicky, I know we all have that pang when we see garlic on the ingredients, what am I doing tomorrow??  But forget about it!  These are fine.  Anyone who really knows me would have never thought I would be LOVING olives a year ago, it was one of those foods 'I didn't like' without actually trying it, much to my Mum's delight (More for her), but now they are definitely one of my favourite snacks (sorry Mum!!) and a great source of fibre!!
My Thai, baked soy bites and a sweet chilli dipping sauce, these are another that will be staying as 'Love' something I always worry about with things like this is, will there be enough sauce for the amount of dippers?  In this case, yes there was, more than enough and they were fantastic!!  The sauce was amazing, and quite spicy, which I was pleasantly surprised about, I love spice and have quite a high tolerance for it, meaning often when something/ someone says an item is spicy, it actually isn't, though this was very pleasing.  Equally pleasing, this is a light nibble at only 85 calories.
Finally, honeycomb flapjack, there were three mini flapjacks inside this punnet which were all very yummy indeed!  I would like to receive these again, although they are 239kcal per punnet, they are full of oats of course, another great fibre source!!

I would struggle to name my favourite between the My Thai and Basil and garlic Olives, so I will say both.

My next couple reviews on boxes two and three will follow pretty soon, this box arrived quite late, I thought was not coming.  The lovely people at Graze granted me another free box which I ordered as a one off to arrive the following Friday, which it did, and my next box is due this Friday.  though after that they will be fortnightly as originally planned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment